GPO Members – To see your special pricing, you must be logged in to your HPC Customer Portal account. If you don’t have an account, please register above.
619 products found
PHTLS 8ePrehospital Trauma Life Support
Physicians Cancer Chemo Drug Manual 2019
Physicians Cancer Chemo Drug Manual 2019View
Physicians Cancer Chemo Drug Manual 2020
Physicians Cancer Chemo Drug Manual 2020View
Pocket Maya Angelou Wisdom
Pocket Maya Angelou WisdomView
Some quotes from Maya Angelou:
'If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.'
'You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.'
'Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.'
'History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, however, if faced with courage, need not be lived again.'
Practice Guidelines for Family NursePractitioners
Practice Guidelines for Family NurseView
The latest evidence-based guidelines to prepare you for FNP practice! Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 5th Edition provides essential, information on the latest national and international guidelines and evidence-based protocols for primary care patients of all ages. Key details are easy to find with the book’s concise, outline-style guidelines and abundant summary tables and charts. Content highlights now include the use of bold type for "not-to-be-missed" content, bold italic type for non-urgent/non-emergent interprofessional referrals, and bold italic type plus an eye-catching icon for urgent/emergent interprofessional referrals. In addition to coverage of the most common conditions seen in outpatient settings, this edition includes the latest information on topics such as jaundice, fever of unknown origin, and unexpected weight loss. Plus, the popular Practice Pearls boxes have been expanded throughout the book.
- Current, evidence-based guidelines for patients of all ages provide the latest guidance for management of disorders commonly seen by FNPs in primary care settings.
- Concise outline format makes it easy to locate essential information quickly.
- Quick-reference tables and charts include pediatric conditions charts, comparative charts for similar disorders, and health maintenance guidelines charts.
- Full-color photos of common clinical manifestations provides an illustrated, quick reference to common skin disorders.
- Need-to-know coverage of the most common disorders seen in family practice helps familiarize you with situations you’ll often encounter in practice.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the latest national and international guidelines and evidence-based protocols.
- NEW! Expansion of the book’s popular Practice Pearls features throughout the book provides more consistent expert insights based on years of clinical experience.
- NEW! Additional full-color illustrations provide an expanded reference to common clinical manifestations, especially skin findings.
- NEW! Enhanced index includes terms most likely to be searched by FNPs for improved access to key information.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Content highlights include the use of bold type for "not-to-be-missed" content, bold italic type for non-urgent/non-emergent interprofessional referrals, and bold italic type plus an eye-catching icon for urgent/emergent interprofessional referrals.
- NEW! Content added on jaundice, fever of unknown origin, and unexpected weight loss reflects the latest treatment guidelines for these common clinical situations.
Pregnancy & Birth chart: Laminated
Pregnancy & Birth chart: Paper
Primer on Transplantation
Primer on TransplantationView
In addition to 5 organ-specific chapters: kidney, pancreas, heart, lung and liver, the book includes essential information on:
- donor management
- infectious complications
- pediatric transplantation
- general principles of patient management
Fully updated and redesigned to make it even more user-friendly, the book now contains clinical vignettes, key point boxes, and self-assessment multiple choice questions in each chapter.
Primer on Transplantation, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for all health professionals in the transplant team including trainees, residents, fellows, physicians, surgeons, nurses and transplant co-ordinators.
Purchasing this book entitles you to access to the companion website:
The website includes:
- Interactive Multiple-Choice Questions for each chapter
- Figures from the book as Powerpoints for downloading
- All chapters online
Rainbow in the CloudThe Wisdom and Spirit of Maya Angelou
Rainbow in the CloudView
Recovered, not CuredA Journey Through Schizophrenia
Recovered, not CuredView
Melbourne, 2003 'Nowadays I say that I am recovered, not cured. I have a job, I have my band, I have my friends and my family. I pay my taxes and do the dishes; I'm independent. A couple of pills a day keep me slightly lethargic yet sane . I can live with that.'
Mental illness is common, and often devastating. In this day and age it is a treatable condition, yet many are left untreated, misunderstood. Richard McLean is one of the lucky ones. His words and pictures give us a unique and poignant insight into a hidden, internal world.
Rest in PowerThe enduring Life of Trayvon Martin
Rest in PowerView
Five years after his tragic death, Trayvon Martin?s name is still evoked every day. He has become a symbol of social justice activism, as has his hauntingly familiar image: the photo of a child still in the process of becoming a young man, wearing a hoodie and gazing silently at the camera. But who was Trayvon Martin, before he became, in death, an icon? And how did one black child?s death on a dark, rainy street in a small Florida town become the match that lit a civil rights crusade?
Rest in Power, told through the compelling alternating narratives of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, answers, for the first time, those questions from the most intimate of sources. It?s the story of the beautiful and complex child they lost, the cruel unresponsiveness of the police and the hostility of the legal system, and the inspiring journey they took from grief and pain to power, and from tragedy and senselessness to meaning.
Rogers' Textbook of Pediatric IntensiveCare
Rosen's Emergency MedicineConcepts and Clinical Practice
Rosen's Emergency MedicineView
Since its revolutionary first edition in 1983, Rosen's Emergency Medicine set the standard for reliable, accessible, and comprehensive information to guide the clinical practice of emergency medicine. Generations of emergency medicine residents and practitioners have relied on Rosen’s as the source for current information across the spectrum of emergency medicine practice.. The 9th Edition continues this tradition of excellence, offering the unparalleled clarity and authority you’ve come to expect from the award-winning leader in the field. Throughout the text, content is now more concise, clinically relevant, and accessible than ever before – meeting the needs of today’s increasingly busy emergency medicine practitioner.
- Delivers clear, precise information, focused writing and references; relevant, concise information; and generous use of illustrations provide definitive guidance for every emergency situation.
- Offers the most immediately relevant content of any emergency medicine reference, providing diagnostic and treatment recommendations with clear indications and preferred actions.
- Presents the expertise and knowledge of a new generation of editors, who bring fresh insights and new perspectives to the table.
- Online content includes 1,200 questions and answers, as well as select video clips showing how to best perform key procedures.
- Includes more than 550 new figures, including new anatomy drawings, new graphs and algorithms, and new photos.
- Provides diligently updated content throughout, based on only the most recent and relevant medical literature.
- Provides improved organization in sections to enhance navigation and six new chapters: Airway Management for the Pediatric Patient; Procedural Sedation and Analgesia for the Pediatric Patient; Drug Therapy for the Pediatric Patient; Co-Morbid Medical Emergencies During Pregnancy; Drug Therapy in the Geriatric Patient; and Global and Humanitarian Emergency Medicine.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd Edition
Rudolph's Pediatrics, 23rd EditionView
Presented in full color, the Twenty-Third Edition provides an up-to-date, in-depth survey of pediatric medicine unmatched by any other text. With its algorithmic approach to pediatric systems, the book facilitates the diagnosis and treatment of both common and uncommon pediatric illnesses; and it reflects new technologies and advances in molecular medicine that continue to evolve with current thinking about normal childhood development and pediatric disease processes.
• New team of editors achieves consistency in both tone and depth of content
• Contributions from section editors and authors from leading academic pediatrics programs give expert coverage of general pediatrics and all of the pediatric sub-specialties
• Streamlined and consistent format for most chapters outlining Pathogenesis and Epidemiology, Clinical Manifestations, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
• New 2-Volume presentation improves portability
• Hundreds of full-color illustrations and tables
• The acclaimed balance between clinical applicability and underlying biological principles offers pediatricians a depth of coverage not found anywhere else
Rutherford's Vascular Surgeryand Endovascular Therapy, 9th edition 2-Volume Set
Rutherford's Vascular SurgeryView
Through nine outstanding editions, Rutherford's Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy has been the gold standard text in this fast-changing, complex field. Published in association with the Society for Vascular Surgery, this state-of-the-art reference by Drs. Anton N. Sidawy and Bruce A. Perler is a must-have for vascular surgeons, interventionalists, vascular medicine specialists, and trainees, as well as general surgeons, interventional radiologists, and cardiologists that depend upon "Rutherford’s" in their practice. It offers authoritative guidance from the most respected and innovative global thought leaders and clinical and basic science experts in the diagnosis and treatment of circulatory disease.
- Incorporates medical, endovascular, and surgical treatment, as well as diagnostic techniques, decision making, and fundamental vascular biology.
- Features all vascular imaging techniques, offering a non-invasive evaluation of both the morphology and hemodynamics of the vascular system.
- Provides unparalleled insight from multidisciplinary leaders worldwide, who share their expertise on the most appropriate contemporary and future treatment of circulatory disease.
- Employs a full-color layout, images and online video so you can view clinical and physical findings and operative techniques more vividly.
- Includes 40 new chapters incorporating a shorter, more focused format with a summary for each chapter that provides a quick access to key information – ideal for consultation situations as well as daily practice.
- Some of these chapters are organized in new sections dedicated to open operative exposure and vessel dissection techniques, diabetic foot, Pediatric Vascular Disease, and practice management issues; areas in the specialty that clinicians frequently face but seldom detailed in other vascular texts nor in earlier Rutherford editions.
- Covers hot topics such as endovascular therapy of aortic arch and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm disease, including the evolving management of aortic dissections.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
S.T.A.B.L.E. Program Learners Manual
S.T.A.B.L.E. Program Learners ManualView
Student handbook for either self-study of the S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Course on DVD (DVD sold separately), or for instructor-led presentations.
Comprehensively reviewed by highly regarded neonatologists, nurses, and respiratory therapists, the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program is considered by neonatal educators to be the follow-up, complementary program to resuscitation education.
S.T.A.B.L.E. stands for the 6 assessment parameters covered in the program: Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support for the family. A seventh module, Quality Improvement, stresses the importance of professional responsibility of improving and evaluating care provided to sick infants. Neonatal assessment and stabilization guidelines are offered in each module. Prevention of adverse events and delivery of safe patient care are stressed throughout the program.
Sanders' Paramedic Textbook IncludesNavigate 2 Essentials Access
Sanders' Paramedic Textbook IncludesView
Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2018
Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2018View
Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2018 provides essential information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs. This go-to drug reference features Black Box Alerts and comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and fixed combinations ― all in a handy user-friendly format. To promote better patient care, it uniquely guides you through clinical priorities in the practice setting. New drug monographs cover approximately 25 newly approved drugs by the FDA; and thoroughly updated monographs include new interactions, precautions, and alerts.
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) are organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed information for each drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions to help you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for high-alert drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm, as well as an appendix for drug names that sound alike and look alike, help promote safe drug administration.
- UNIQUE! Frequently-used herb monographs and herb interactions keep you informed of the effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Classifications section features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Nursing implications are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations equips you with special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Extensively expanded IV content features a heading for IV compatibilities and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs to help you understand different drug dose options for specific diseases.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located directly in the main section of the book for easier accessibility.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs and quarterly drug updates are located on the free Evolve companion site.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you the patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Newly approved drugs are listed in the front of the book for quick and easy access to this timely information.
- A sample drug monograph with callouts helps you understand how to use the book more efficiently.
- NEW and EXPANDED! New drug monographs for approximately 25 newly approved drugs by the FDA equip you with the most current drug information.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated monographs throughout feature updated information on new interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information.
- NEW and UPDATED! Over 270 Black Box Alerts updates and additions highlight the drugs found to carry a significant risk of serious or even life-threatening adverse effects.