GPO Members – To see your special pricing, you must be logged in to your HPC Customer Portal account. If you don’t have an account, please register above.
773 products found
The Family Medicine Board Review Book
The Family Medicine Board Review BookView
- Questions are derived from common clinical situations, presented in ABFM-exam format. Explanations support each answer, key points are highlighted throughout, and content is weighted appropriately to the exam.
- Includes an atlas with clinical images and lab smears, reflecting the types of illustrations that are included on the exam.
- Contains additional reading suggestions for each answer to assist with further study.
- Use with Fast Facts for the Family Medicine Board Review for a comprehensive board exam preparation experience.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
The Heart of the Matter
The Heart of the MatterView
The Johns Hopkins Internal MedicineBoard Review
The Johns Hopkins Internal MedicineView
Respected experts summarize just the imperative information you need to know for certification or recertification.
Comprehensive review text, bolded key information, and helpful tables and algorithms equip you with all the core knowledge you need.
Exam-taking tips and tricks allow you to go into the exam with confidence.
Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to test your skills and simulate the exam experience with over 1,000 additional exam questions in study and test modes.
Features full-color clinical images covering all the image types you?ll see on the boards, including x-rays, common skin findings, peripheral blood smears, ophthalmology findings, and CT and MR images.
The NEW Poor Lab's Guideto the Regulations 2019
The NEW Poor Lab's GuideView
The 2021 Poor Lab's Guide is here to help.
More than 250 years ago, one of the founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin, published a yearly almanac that contained a collection of useful information and advice for the American colonists. Titled Poor Richard's Almanack, it was one of the first bestsellers of America. For decades, Franklin's almanac provided indispensable advice and encouragement to struggling settlers in the new world.
Summoning that spirit, Dr. Sharon S. Ehmeyer has written The Poor Lab's Guide to the Regulations, a plain-language discussion of the rules, requirements and regulations that govern medical laboratories, with a focus on US medical laboratories.
Achieving and maintaining compliance isn't an easy task. But with the new Poor Lab's Guide, getting the right advice is very easy.
In 11 concise chapters, Dr. Ehrmeyer describes a common-sense path to compliance:
- An overview of regulations from CLIA, CAP, TJC, and COLA
- Proficiency Testing
- Procedure Manuals
- Method Verification, Calibration and Calibration Verification
- Quality Control for the small laboratory
- Individual Quality Control Plans (IQCPs)
- Quality Assurance
- Personnel Competency Requirements
- Inspection Tips, Tools for Self-preparedness
- Point-of-Care testing requirements
- COVID-19 testing and regulations: Compliance in the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) Era
The Spirit Catches You & You Fall Down
The Spirit Catches You & You Fall DownView
The Sub-Specialty Care of HIV-InfectedPatients
The Sub-Specialty Care of HIV-InfectedView
The Top 100 Drug InteractionsA Guide to Patient Management
Thriving PhysicianHow to Avoid Burnout by Choosing Resilience Throughout Your Medical Career
From the rigors of medical school to the high stakes, rapidly changing, multi-tasking reality of practice, physicians face unbelievable stress for years on end. It s no surprise that half of all physicians face burnout, work-home conflict, and other serious issues.
This 'survival guide for the psyche' is packed with insights and strategies to help you build the resilience you need to succeed and grow, both personally and professionally, in the modern healthcare system.
In The Thriving Physician, Drs. Simonds and Sotile:
Explore an array of stressors and provide coping strategies designed to help you defuse them
Offer probing questions related to each stressor to spark reflection and discussion with colleagues and loved ones
Highlight what creative organizations are doing to help reshape the medical workplace to promote physician resilience
Weave in real life anecdotes throughout, taking their insights and advice from theoretical to deeply personal and relatable
You ve chosen a noble helping profession one that should be a source of joy and pride. Whether you read this book cover-to-cover or focus only on the stressors that most impact you, it can change your life for the better. It s time to take charge of your career; it s time to become a thriving physician.
Tintinalli's Emergency MedicineA Comprehensive Study Guide, 8th edition
Tintinalli's Emergency MedicineA Comprehensive Study Guide, 9th edition
Tintinalli's Emergency MedicineView
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine is THE essential resource for everyone working in, and teaching emergency medicine. The Ninth Edition provides the depth and breadth of coverage that reflects the complexity and expertise needed to practice emergency medicine in today’s fast-paced environments. This comprehensive text is an important clinical resource for physicians, residents and students, advance practice providers, emergency nurses, EMTs, and paramedics. It is a necessary resource for in-training and board examinations, and recertification.
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic and advanced resuscitative techniques, to all the significant medical, traumatic, and environmental conditions requiring emergency treatment in adults, children and neonates.
Highlights of the Ninth Edition:
• Full-color design with more tables than ever to succinctly present key information
• Extensive updates to all sections, incorporating the latest clinical and evidence-based information
• Online access to over 100 videos, covering a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and POCUS for obstetric/gynecologic, pediatric, musculoskeletal, and vascular conditions
• World-class pediatric section on the care of neonates, infants, and children
• Expanded chapters on the management of gynecologic and obstetric conditions and emergencies
• Updated information on toxicologic and environmental emergencies
• Contemporary, concise discussion of ED identification and treatment of opioid use disorders
• Updated information on procedural sedation
• Expert advice on the management and care of transgender patients
• Latest information available on neurologic and cardiac emergencies
From the reviews of the seventh edition:
"Collectively, they have once again produced an excellent text that manages to cover the broad scope of emergency medicine while remaining an easily readable and practical resource....Last, for the inevitable comparison of this current edition of Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine with other available emergency medicine textbooks available: in my opinion, Tintinalli’s still comes out on top. It is more concise and easier to read than some, yet it covers the breadth of emergency medicine practice more comprehensively than others….Just as previous editions did, the seventh presents all of the most pertinent and up-to-date information in a well-organized format that is comprehensive yet easy to read. That and many of the attractive new features in this current edition will ensure its place on my bookshelf for years to come."―JAMA
Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine Manual
Today I Will Do One ThingDaily Readings for Awareness and Hope
Today I Will Do One ThingView
Today I Will Do One Thing is written especially for those who have a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder--called dual disorders. These daily readings construct a simple blueprint for positive problem solving, such as dealing with situations and relationships typically difficult for people with dual disorders.
Readings also: provide practical demonstrations of effectively handling emotions, mild paranoia, and other difficulties; state an affirmation and acknowledge a common problem; provide insight for positive change; and offer motivation to complete one simple, concrete goal for the day.
With all the complex issues of acceptance or rejection of a transplanted organ, immunology is a key subject for all transplantation clinicians. During recent years, there has been an explosion of research and knowledge in this area.
Produced in association with the American Society of Transplantation, and written by experts within the field, Transplant Immunology provides a comprehensive overview of the topic in relation to clinical transplantation.
Starting with the basic functionality of the immune system, it then moves on to cover the very latest developments in immunosuppressive drugs and protocols, as well as a look at all emerging technologies in the field.
Key chapters include:
- Transplant-related complications
- Immune responses to transplants
- Emerging issues in transplantation
- Biomarkers of Allograft rejection and tolerance
- T cells and the principles of immune responses
In full colour throughout, over 100 outstanding diagrams support the text, all figures being fully downloadable via the book's companion website. The result is an essential tool for all those responsible for managing patients awaiting and undergoing organ transplantation, including transplant surgeons and clinicians, immunologists and researchers.
Trauma 8th Edition
Trauma 8th EditionView
Hailed by readers and reviewers for its expert authorship and high-yield clinical content, Trauma is unquestionably the field’s definitive text. Enhanced by a full-color design and a high-quality atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, this trusted classic takes readers through the full range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to encounter.
Supported by numerous x-rays, CT scans, plus tables throughout, Trauma begins with an informative look at kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury. Subsequent chapters provide useful background information on the epidemiology of trauma; injury prevention; the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport; and much more. The next section meticulously reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma then delivers a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help clinicians respond to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is involved. The remaining sections of the book will help readers successfully handle specific challenges in trauma―including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds―in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
• DVD with high-quality procedural video
• Increased number of algorithms and illustrations
• More international authors
• Expanded Trauma Atlas contains precise, full-color anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques
• High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient prepares readers for the complete spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care they will face in real-world practice
• A-to-Z overview of the management of specific traumatic injuries
• Detailed discussion of the management of complications
Trauma Nursing: From ResuscitationThrough Rehabilitation
Trauma Nursing: From ResuscitationView
Learn to provide state-of-the-art care to any patient in any setting with the most comprehensive trauma nursing resource available. Using the unique cycles of trauma framework, Trauma Nursing: From Resuscitation Through Rehabilitation, 5th Edition features coverage of cutting-edge research findings and current issues, trends, and controversies in trauma nursing. The thoroughly updated fifth edition guides you through all phases of care - from preventive care and the time of injury to the resuscitative, operative, critical, intermediate, and rehabilitative stages. Plus, new chapters address unique trauma patient populations including pregnant women, children, the elderly, bariatric individuals, burned patients, those with a history of substance abuse and organ donors. With timely discussions on emerging topics such as mass casualty events and rural trauma, this is the most complete resource available for both students and experienced trauma nurses.
- UPDATED! Disaster preparedness, response and recovery for mass casualty incidents prepares students to act quickly and confidently in the event of a disaster, with guidelines for initial response and sustained response.
- UPDATED! The latest sepsis protocols, opioid use and pain/sedation protocols, and treating injured patients with diabetes.
- Special populations coverage prepares you to meet the needs of unique trauma patient populations including pregnant women, children, the elderly, bariatric individuals, burn patients, those with a history of substance abuse and organ donors.
- Coverage of specific issues that affect all patients regardless of their injury, gives you a solid understating of mechanism of injury, traumatic shock, patient/family psychosocial responses to trauma, pain, anxiety, delirium and sleep management; infection; wound healing, and nutrition.
- Tables and illustrations throughout add clarity to the content being discussed.
- NEW! Information on a team-centered, interdisciplinary approach to care.
- NEW! Up-to-date evidence-based information about issues that affect trauma care systems, includes injury pathophysiology, and state-of-the-art care for the trauma patient during all phases of care.
- NEW! All new content includes information on cultural sensitivity, care for caregivers, and how to handle self-harm injuries and suicide.
- NEW! Certification review questions help you to prepare for certification by listing the correct answers and rationales.
- NEW! Current recommendations for measuring fluid administration responsiveness.
Trauma-Informed Care in the NICU
Trauma-Informed Care in the NICUView
The text reflects a growing awareness of the impact of early life adversity on the developing human being in the NICU. Substantiated by the converging multidisciplinary research on the science of human development, the provision of trauma-informed care in the NICU reduces the strain on the hospitalized infant and family. With endorsements by respected transdisciplinary neonatal clinicians, this text provides guidelines that encompass the five core measures for age-appropriate care, including the healing environment, pain and stress, protected sleep, activities for daily living, and family collaborative care. The book also features downloadable sample competencies, algorithms, and parent teaching guides, along with additional e-learning modules for continuing nursing education. A self-assessment checklist, allowing the rating of current practice related to the core measures for age-appropriate care, adds to the book's utility.
Treatment Plans & Interventionsfor Depression & Anxiety Disorders
Treatment Plans & InterventionsView
Tumors of the Lower Respiratory Tract
Tumors of the Lower Respiratory TractView
Under The Influence
Under The InfluenceView
How to tell if someone you know is an alcoholic.
The progressive stages of alcoholism.
How to get an alcoholic into treatment—and how to choose a treatment program.
Why frequently prescribed drugs can be dangerous—even fatal—for alcoholics.
How to ensure a lasting recovery.