Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorder
Berry & Kohn's Operating Room Technique
|The Guest Editors have assembled top experts to provide the most current and clinically relevant articles devoted to Birth Asyphyxia.? Articles in this issue are devoted to: Neonatal Transition After Birth; Pathophysiology of Birth Asphyxia; Perinatal Asphyxia from the Obstetrical Standpoint: Diagnosis and Interventions; Stillbirths: U.S. and Global Perspectives; Novel Approaches to Resuscitation and the Impact on Birth Asphyxia; Multiorgan Dysfunction and its Management After Birth Asphyxia; Neonatal Encephalopathy and Update on Therapeutic Hypothermia and Other Novel Therapeutics; Biomarkers in Neonatal Encephalopathy; Imaging and Other Diagnostics in Neonatal Encephalopathy; Asphyxia in the Premature Infant; The role of the NeoNeuro Unit for Birth Asphyxia; Long-term Cognitive Outcomes of Birth Asphyxia and the Contribution of Identified Perinatal Asphyxia to Cerebral Palsy; Global Burden, Epidemiologic Trends, and Prevention of Intrapartum Related Deaths in Low-resource Settings; and Neonatal Resuscitation in Low-resource Settings.|
Braunwald’s Heart Disease 2 Vol
Braunwald’s Heart Disease 2 VolView
Braunwald's Heart Disease, 2 Vol Set
Braunwald's Heart Disease, 2 Vol SetView
Breastfeeding: Guide for the Medical Pro
Breastfeeding: Guide for the Medical ProView
The most authoritative, trusted guide to breastfeeding for the medical profession
- Stay informed on every aspect of breastfeeding, from basic data on the anatomical, physiological, biochemical, nutritional, immunological, and psychological aspects of human lactation, to the problems of clinical management of breastfeeding.
- Learn from the award-winning author and co-founder of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, Dr. Ruth Lawrence, and her son, Dr. Rob Lawrence.
- Make appropriate drug recommendations, including approved medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
- Provide thoughtful guidance to the breastfeeding mother according to her circumstances, problems, and lifestyle from integrated coverage of evidence-based data and practical experience.
- Find what you need quickly with a new, streamlined approach that moves large tables and key references online.
- Treat conditions associated with breastfeeding and effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to extensive, up-to-date, evidence-based information.
Calculation of Drug Dosages: A Work Text
Calculation of Drug Dosages: A Work TextView
Campbell's Operative Ortho 14th Ed
Campbell's Operative Ortho 14th EdView
Cardiac Intensive Care
Cardiac Intensive CareView
Using a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach, this unique title expertly covers all the latest approaches to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Led by Dr David L. Brown, a stellar team of authoritative writers guides you through cardiac pathophysiology, disease states presenting in the CICU, and state-of-the-art advanced diagnosis and therapeutic techniques. A visually appealing format, new chapters, and thorough updates ensure that you stay on the cutting edge of this rapidly advancing field.
- Discusses recent changes in cardiac intensive care, including new care paradigms, new mechanical support modalities, and new therapies and interventions.
- Contains 11 new chapters: Palliative Care, Temporary Pacemaker Insertion, Pericardiocentesis, Distributive Shock, Electrical Storm, Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation after Cardiac Arrest, Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices, Cardiorenal Syndrome, Fulminant Myocarditis, Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy, Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia.
- Online access features heart sounds and murmurs to accompany the chapter on history and physical examination, videos of clinical images and key procedures, frequently updated information on late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of new research publications, and more.
- Concisely yet thoroughly covers acute and severe heart failure, chronic pulmonary hypertension, life-threatening dysrhythmias, aortic dissection, and other cardiac conditions as they relate to intensive care.
- Explains drug therapy for key cardiac drugs, such as inotropes, vasodilators, anti-arrhythmics, diuretics, anticoagulants, and anti-platelets, and discusses important drug interactions.
- Ideal for all healthcare professionals involved in cardiac intensive care, including intensivists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, residents, fellows, cardiac nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and nutritionists.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices and contains an up to date collection of all relevant ACC/AHA and ESC guidelines.
Cardiology Secrets, 6th Edition
Cardiology Secrets, 6th EditionView
Carpenter's Exotic Animal 6th Ed
Carpenter's Exotic Animal 6th EdView
The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 6th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this evidence-based text helps you find the information you need fast. In addition, there are numerous tables containing biologic, hematologic, and biochemical norms of common exotic pets. Species covered include birds, fish, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, rabbits, pocket pets, backyard poultry, and more. Edited by James Carpenter and Craig Harms, each a respected expert in exotic animal, wildlife, and zoo animal medicine, this handbook has been a go-to reference of practicing veterinarians for more than 30 years.
Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia
Chestnut's Obstetric AnesthesiaView
Comprehensive user-friendly and up to date Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice 6th Edition provides the authoritative clinical information you need to provide optimal care to your patients. This substantially revised edition keeps you current on everything from basic science to anesthesia techniques to complications including coverage of new research that is paving the way for improved patient outcomes. An expert editorial team ensures that this edition remains a must-have resource for obstetric anesthesiologists and obstetricians nurse anesthetists and anesthesiology assistants and anesthesiology and obstetric residents and students.
- Presents the latest information on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy, emphasizing the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs.
- Contains new chapters on shared decision-making in obstetric anesthesia and chronic pain during and after pregnancy.
- Features extensive revisions from cover to cover, including consolidated information on maternal infection and postoperative analgesia.
- Covers key topics such as neonatal assessment and resuscitation, pharmacology during pregnancy and lactation, use of nitrous oxide for labor analgesia, programmed intermittent epidural bolus (PIEB) technique, epidural analgesia-associated fever, the role of gastric ultrasonography to assess the risk of aspiration, sugammadex in obstetric anesthesia, the role of video laryngoscopy and new supraglottic airway devices, spinal dysraphism, and cardiac arrest in obstetric patients.
- Incorporates the latest guidelines on congenital heart disease and the management of sepsis, as well as difficult airway guidelines that are specific to obstetric anesthesia practice.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Clinical Guide to Antineoplastic Therapy
Clinical Guide to Antineoplastic TherapyView
Clinical Hematology Atlas, 6th Edition
Clinical Hematology Atlas, 6th EditionView
Clinical Lipidology, 3rd Edition
Clinical Lipidology, 3rd EditionView
Clinical Reasoning Cases in Nursing
Clinical Reasoning Cases in NursingView
Awarded second place in the 2019 AJN Book of the Year Awards in Medical-Surgical category.
Comprehensive assortment of 150 case studies draws from actual clinical experiences in medical-surgical, pediatric, OB/maternity, and psychiatric clinical areas to help you think critically, prioritize, and deliver proactive nursing care.
Critical thinking approach helps you learn to identify changes, anticipate possible complications, and initiate therapeutic interventions.
Progressive case complexity builds on previous learning to help you gradually develop more and more expertise.
NEW & UNIQUE! Concept-based organization mirrors the growing use of concept-based curricula and conceptual approaches to teaching and learning in nursing education.
NEW! 20 all-new cases and four extensively-revised cases thataddress important contemporary healthcare issues and allow for better coordination with Giddens, HESI, and other exemplar lists.
NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the latest evidence-based clinical practice, including national and international treatment guidelines.
NEW! Enhanced focus on interprofessional collaboration identifies opportunities for interprofessional collaboration are discussed.
NEW! Greater consistency with the NCLEX Exam includes revisions like the elimination of most drug trade names and the inclusion of Canadian lab values.
Enhanced QSEN safety emphasis is highlighted with a "target" icon to communicate "caution" or "safety."
NEW! Increased emphasis on sepsis and antibiotic resistance throughout that addresses the growing problem of sepsis (a new Joint Commission "core measure") and antibiotic resistance where appropriate throughout.
NEW! Improved answer spacing ensures that space left for answers reflects what is actually needed.