Murray & Nadel's Textbook ofRespiratory Medicine, 2-Volume Set
Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics2-Volume Set 20th Edition
Nelson Textbook of PediatricsView
ObstetricsNormal and Problem Pregnancies
Take advantage of the collective wisdom of global experts in the field, including two new editors? Drs. Vincenzo Berghella and William Grobman -- and nearly 30 new contributors.
Gain a new perspective on a wide range of today's key issues - all evidence-based and easy to read.
Sweeping updates throughout including four new chapters: ?Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Delivery?; ?Placenta Accreta?; ?Obesity?; and ?Improving Global Maternal Health: Challenges and Opportunities?
11 videos reinforce chapter content and enhance learning in areas such as cesarean delivery and operative vaginal delivery
New Glossary of the most frequently used key abbreviations for easy reference
Expanded use of bolded statements and key points as well as additional tables, flow diagrams, and bulleted lists facilitates and enhances the mastery of each chapter
More than 100 images in the Obstetrical Ultrasound chapter provide an important resource for normal and abnormal fetal anatomy
PASS CCRN Elsevier eBookon VitalSource,5th Edition
PASS CCRN Elsevier eBookView
Fully updated to mirror the test plan for the latest CCRN®-Adult certification exam, Dennison’s widely acclaimed PASS CCRN®! is known for its targeted yet comprehensive content review, innovative learning strategies, and meticulous accuracy. This new fifth edition addresses each section of the most current CCRN® exam in detail, with review content presented in a quick-reference outline format and supported by a wealth of illustrations, tables, and algorithms. Learning activities for each chapter, as well as more than 1,000 review questions on the companion Evolve website, offer valuable practice and test-taking experience to prepare you for success on the CCRN®-Adult exam.
- More than 1,000 multiple-choice review questions on the companion Evolve website offer convenient electronic access and can be answered in Study Mode or Exam Mode.
- Outline-style review helps ensure that you have mastered essential content for the CCRN®-Adult exam.
- Engaging, chapter-ending learning activities provide fun and stimulating ways for you to learn critical concepts.
- Content is supported by a wealth of tables, illustrations, and completely new algorithms to help clarify complex concepts.
- NEW! Completely updated content follows the latest CCRN®-Adult exam blueprint to ensure that you have the most current information for exam preparation.
- NEW! Integumentary and Musculoskeletal Systems chapter reflects the latest CCRN® exam test plan organization.
- NEW! Thorough revisions to the Professional Caring and Ethical Practice and Multisystem chapters match the latest CCRN®-Adult exam.
Pediatric Critical Care
Pediatric Critical CareView
Boasts highly readable, concise chapters with hundreds of useful photos, diagrams, algorithms, and clinical pearls.
Clear, logical, organ-system approach allows you to focus on the development, function, and treatment of a wide range of disease entities.
Expert Consult? eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Includes new content on the expanding use of ultrasound at the bedside and the increase in nursing responsibilities in the PICU.
Eighteen new chapters cover topics such as delirium, metabolism, endocrinology, nutrition, nursing, and much more.
Features expanded and updated information on critical communication, professionalism, long-term outcomes, palliative care, ultrasonography, PCCM in resource-limited settings, ventilator-induced lung injury, non-invasive ventilation, updated CNS pathophysiology, the ?Erythron?, and immunity and infection.
Online content is enhanced with over 500 board-style review questions and answers.
Pediatric Echocardiographer'sPocket Reference
Pediatric Gastrointestinal & LiverDisease
Pediatric Gastrointestinal & LiverView
Consult the leading text in the field that delivers the information you need to diagnose and treat pediatric gastrointestinal and liver diseases effectively. In one convenient and comprehensive volume, Drs. Robert Wyllie, Jeffrey S. Hyams, and Marsha Kay provide all the latest details on the most effective new therapies, new drugs, and new techniques in the specialty. In addition, the new two-color design throughout helps you find what you need quickly and easily.
- Full-color endoscopy images to help improve your visual recognition
- Definitive guidance from renowned international contributors who share their knowledge and expertise in this complex field
- Detailed diagrams that accurately illustrate complex concepts and provide at-a-glance recognition of disease processes
- More than 400 board review-style questions, answers, and rationales available in the eBook included with your purchase
- New therapies for hepatitis B and C, new drugs for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, and an expanded discussion of the newest endoscopic and motility techniques available for pediatric patients
- The most current information on diagnosing and treating abnormalities of protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism
- New chapters on pancreatic transplantation and liver pathology
- The latest surgical techniques for children with gastrointestinal conditions
Pharmacology for Surgical Technologist(paperback, 4th edition)
Pharmacology for Surgical TechnologistView
Learn with the most trusted pharmacology text written specifically for surgical technologists! Pharmacology for the Surgical Technologist, 4th Edition ensures that as an integral member of the operating room team, you have an in-depth understanding of surgical medications. It covers everything from basic conversions, terminology, and calculations to anesthesia and medications used for perioperative care. This edition adds coverage of next-generation antibiotics, new technology in orthopedics, advances in cataract surgery, and more ― plus a full-color design and expanded art program. An Evolve companion website lets you practice drug calculations. Written by experienced Surgical Technology educators Katherine Snyder and Chris Keegan, this book covers all areas of pharmacology that are designated in the Core Curriculum for Surgical Technology, 6th Edition.
- Coverage of pharmacology meets the needs of the Surgical Technologist and includes all areas designated in the Core Curriculum for Surgical Technology, 6th Edition.
- Chapter study questions help you measure your knowledge and apply it to practice, and serve as a review tool for classroom and certification exams.
- Clinical features include Tech Tips from experts, Caution boxes with drug alerts to help prevent potential patient harm, and Notes simplifying difficult concepts.
- Insight boxes provide in-depth, cutting-edge information about a specific product, procedure, or process.
- Concise three-part organization makes it easier to understand 1) the foundations of pharmacology, mathematics, and drug administration, 2) applications of pharmacology to the surgical environment, and 3) preoperative medications, types of anesthesia, and emergency situations.
- Evolve companion website includes exercises allowing you to practice math calculations, as well as drug monographs from Mosby’s Essential Drugs for Surgical Technology.
- Advanced Practice boxes provide information and advice on issues and applications that help you advance to the role of Surgical Assistant.
- Trusted authors Kathy Snyder and Chris Keegan bring more than 50 years of combined experience, and provide the information you need to succeed in the classroom, on the certification exam, and in the operating room.
- Learning Objectives in each chapter list the key content you should master and provide a useful study tool in preparing for examinations.
- NEW! Coverage of hot topics includes next-generation antibiotics, new technology involving orthopedic surgery, advances in cataract surgery, and more.
- NEW! Now in full color, an expanded art program helps you visualize concepts in anatomy and physiology, medications, equipment, and procedures.
- NEW! A comprehensive glossary supports key terms that are highlighted in the text.
- NEW! Make It Simple boxes review and break down medical terminology.
Pocket Companion to Robbins & CotranPathologic Basis of Disease
Pocket Companion to Robbins & CotranView
Access key concepts and principles of pathology in a condensed, at-a-glance format that fits in your pocket.
Locate additional information with abundant page references to the parent text.
Student Consult? eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book as well as new materials (outlined above) designed to produce a more rounded learning experience.
Review for in-course exams and the USMLE Step 1 with content that highlights the most important material in the current edition Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease.
Easily find information with help from a format that closely follows the Table of Contents from the current edition of the parent text.
This pocket-sized resource offers rapid, portable access to the most important facts and concepts from Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition
Pocket Guide for ECGs Made Easy
Pocket Guide for ECGs Made EasyView
Policies & Procedures for InfusionNursing
Principles of Radiographic ImagingAn Art and A Science
Radiation Protection in MedicalRadiography
Radiation Protection in MedicalView
Convenient, easy-to-use features include chapter outlines and objectives, listing and highlighting of key terms, and bulleted summaries, general discussion questions, and review questions to enhance student comprehension and retention.
NCRP and ICRP content includes guidelines, regulations, and radiation quantities and units, explaining the effects of low-level ionizing radiation, demonstrating the link between radiation and cancer and other diseases, and providing the regulatory perspective needed for practice.
Clear and concise writing style covers complex concepts in radiation protection, biology, and physics in a building-block approach from basic to more complex concepts.
Timely coverage of radiation protection regulations addresses radiation awareness and education efforts across the globe.
NEW! Chapter Radiation Safety in Computed Tomography and Mammography compiles content on tomography and mammography into one chapter.
UPDATED! Full-color equipment images and illustrations reinforce important information.
UPDATED! Content reflects the latest ARRT and ASRT curriculum guidelines.
Review questions are included at the end of chapters to assess your comprehension, with answers on the Evolve companion website.
NEW! Key-word glossary helps you find and understand need-to-know terms.
NEW! Additional tables with sensitivity ranges makes each type of dosimeters easy to reference
Rapid Interpretation of EKG's
Make sure you are thoroughly prepared to work in a clinical lab. Rodak’s Hematology: Clinical Principles and Applications, 6th Edition uses hundreds of full-color photomicrographs to help you understand the essentials of hematology. This new edition shows how to accurately identify cells, simplifies hemostasis and thrombosis concepts, and covers normal hematopoiesis through diseases of erythroid, myeloid, lymphoid, and megakaryocytic origins. Easy to follow and understand, this book also covers key topics including: working in a hematology lab; complementary testing areas such as flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and molecular diagnostics; the parts and functions of the cell; and laboratory testing of blood cells and body fluid cells.
- UPDATED nearly 700 full-color illustrations and photomicrographs make it easier for you to visualize hematology concepts and show what you’ll encounter in the lab, with images appearing near their mentions in the text to minimize flipping pages back and forth.
- UPDATED content throughout text reflects latest information on hematology.
- Instructions for lab procedures include sources of possible errors along with comments.
- Hematology instruments are described, compared, and contrasted.
- Case studies in each chapter provide opportunities to apply hematology concepts to real-life scenarios.
- Hematology/hemostasis reference ranges are listed on the inside front and back covers for quick reference.
- A bulleted summary makes it easy for you to review the important points in every chapter.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter and indicate what you should achieve, with review questions appearing at the end.
- A glossary of key terms makes it easy to find and learn definitions.
- NEW! Additional content on cell structure and receptors helps you learn to identify these organisms.
- NEW! New chapter on Introduction to Hematology Malignancies provides and overview of diagnostic technology and techniques used in the lab.
Rosen's Emergency MedicineConcepts and Clinical Practice
Rosen's Emergency MedicineView
Since its revolutionary first edition in 1983, Rosen's Emergency Medicine set the standard for reliable, accessible, and comprehensive information to guide the clinical practice of emergency medicine. Generations of emergency medicine residents and practitioners have relied on Rosen’s as the source for current information across the spectrum of emergency medicine practice.. The 9th Edition continues this tradition of excellence, offering the unparalleled clarity and authority you’ve come to expect from the award-winning leader in the field. Throughout the text, content is now more concise, clinically relevant, and accessible than ever before – meeting the needs of today’s increasingly busy emergency medicine practitioner.
- Delivers clear, precise information, focused writing and references; relevant, concise information; and generous use of illustrations provide definitive guidance for every emergency situation.
- Offers the most immediately relevant content of any emergency medicine reference, providing diagnostic and treatment recommendations with clear indications and preferred actions.
- Presents the expertise and knowledge of a new generation of editors, who bring fresh insights and new perspectives to the table.
- Online content includes 1,200 questions and answers, as well as select video clips showing how to best perform key procedures.
- Includes more than 550 new figures, including new anatomy drawings, new graphs and algorithms, and new photos.
- Provides diligently updated content throughout, based on only the most recent and relevant medical literature.
- Provides improved organization in sections to enhance navigation and six new chapters: Airway Management for the Pediatric Patient; Procedural Sedation and Analgesia for the Pediatric Patient; Drug Therapy for the Pediatric Patient; Co-Morbid Medical Emergencies During Pregnancy; Drug Therapy in the Geriatric Patient; and Global and Humanitarian Emergency Medicine.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary FunctionTesting
Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary FunctionView
Covering common pulmonary function tests and techniques, Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing, 10th Edition is not only an authoritative, on-the-job reference, but an excellent resource for preparing for the CPFT (certified pulmonary function technologist) and RPFT (registered pulmonary function technologist) specialty credentialing examinations. It includes information on pathophysiology, equipment, and quality assurance, so you can develop the testing skills you need to find and assess lung abnormalities and conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis. Written by Carl Mottram, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, one of the most respected experts in pulmonary function procedures, this text helps you get accurate test results every time.
- Case studies provide problem-solving challenges for common clinical cases, including each case history, PFT testing results, a technologist’s comments, and questions and answers.
- PFT Tips boxes highlight and reinforce the most important Pulmonary Function Testing information in every chapter.
- Entry- and Advanced-Level objectives follow the content guidelines suggested by the CPFT and RPFT exam matrices from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Concise chapter outlines introduce the topics to be covered.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter, bolded in the text, and defined in an expanded glossary.
- New Bronchoprovocation chapter features important information on methacholine, histamine, mannitol, exercise challenges, and eucapnic voluntary hyperventilation.
- New chapter on reference equations simplifies common reference equations and includes normal and abnormal values encountered in the clinical setting.
- New How To boxes provide step-by-step guidelines to performing pulmonary function tests, taking the guesswork out of completing accurate and result-producing tests.
- New NBRC-CPFT mapping prepares you for the certified pulmonary function technologist credentialing examination, correlating content to test items in the NBRC-CPFT testing matrix.
- New Clinical Scenario lecture slides provide in-depth case analysis with figures, charts, lab values, and documented research.
- New author Carl Mottram, a leading respiratory care expert who contributed to this book’s previous two editions, is the Technical Director of the Pulmonary Function Labs and Rehabilitation at the Mayo Clinic and is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and a highly sought-after lecturer at national and international symposiums and conferences.