The NEW Poor Lab's Guide
to the Regulations 2019
The 2021 Poor Lab's Guide is here to help.
More than 250 years ago, one of the founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin, published a yearly almanac that contained a collection of useful information and advice for the American colonists. Titled Poor Richard's Almanack, it was one of the first bestsellers of America. For decades, Franklin's almanac provided indispensable advice and encouragement to struggling settlers in the new world.
Summoning that spirit, Dr. Sharon S. Ehmeyer has written The Poor Lab's Guide to the Regulations, a plain-language discussion of the rules, requirements and regulations that govern medical laboratories, with a focus on US medical laboratories.
Achieving and maintaining compliance isn't an easy task. But with the new Poor Lab's Guide, getting the right advice is very easy.
In 11 concise chapters, Dr. Ehrmeyer describes a common-sense path to compliance:
- An overview of regulations from CLIA, CAP, TJC, and COLA
- Proficiency Testing
- Procedure Manuals
- Method Verification, Calibration and Calibration Verification
- Quality Control for the small laboratory
- Individual Quality Control Plans (IQCPs)
- Quality Assurance
- Personnel Competency Requirements
- Inspection Tips, Tools for Self-preparedness
- Point-of-Care testing requirements
- COVID-19 testing and regulations: Compliance in the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) Era
- Retail price: $80.00
- Log in for discount pricing
- Publisher: Westgard Publishing
- ISBN: 9781886958326