Continuous compliance starts with staff who know what The Joint Commission requires and this manual provides you with direct access to the elements of performance for hospital standards, National Patient Safety Goals, and Accreditation Participation Requirements (APRs). Our best-selling manual is portable, lean, and light, making it a perfect on-the-go reference. Keep it handy in meetings, during orientation and training, and as a practical overview of the Joint Commission s accreditation requirements for everyone in your organization, from staff to executive leaders.
Please note: This spiral-bound book is truly an abridged version of the Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals. It contains all the applicable standards and elements of performance, but the accreditation process information chapters with accreditation policies and procedures, initiatives, and summaries ARE NOT INCLUDED.
- All hospital standards, National Patient Safety Goals, and Accreditation Participation Requirements as of January 1, 2021
- A Glossary defining key terms used in the Joint Commission standards
- Does NOT INCLUDE the following: The Accreditation Process, Sentinel Event Policy, The Quality Report, Required Written Documentation, Standards Applicability Grid, and other accreditation process chapters from the comprehensive manual
- Abridged version of the comprehensive manual only scored standards chapters included
- Tabs allow you to find exactly what you need when you need it
- Softcover, spiral-bound book
Standards: All hospital standards
Setting: Organizations accredited under the Hospital Accreditation Program, including general, acute psychiatric, pediatric, medical/surgical specialty, long term acute care, and rehabilitation hospitals
Key Audience: Staff responsible for accreditation, compliance, patient safety, or quality improvement
If you d prefer a manual with Joint Commission accreditation process information or one that can be updated with replacement pages, consider the 2021 Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals