Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary Function
Covering common pulmonary function tests and techniques, Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing, 10th Edition is not only an authoritative, on-the-job reference, but an excellent resource for preparing for the CPFT (certified pulmonary function technologist) and RPFT (registered pulmonary function technologist) specialty credentialing examinations. It includes information on pathophysiology, equipment, and quality assurance, so you can develop the testing skills you need to find and assess lung abnormalities and conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis. Written by Carl Mottram, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, one of the most respected experts in pulmonary function procedures, this text helps you get accurate test results every time.
- Case studies provide problem-solving challenges for common clinical cases, including each case history, PFT testing results, a technologist’s comments, and questions and answers.
- PFT Tips boxes highlight and reinforce the most important Pulmonary Function Testing information in every chapter.
- Entry- and Advanced-Level objectives follow the content guidelines suggested by the CPFT and RPFT exam matrices from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Concise chapter outlines introduce the topics to be covered.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter, bolded in the text, and defined in an expanded glossary.
- New Bronchoprovocation chapter features important information on methacholine, histamine, mannitol, exercise challenges, and eucapnic voluntary hyperventilation.
- New chapter on reference equations simplifies common reference equations and includes normal and abnormal values encountered in the clinical setting.
- New How To boxes provide step-by-step guidelines to performing pulmonary function tests, taking the guesswork out of completing accurate and result-producing tests.
- New NBRC-CPFT mapping prepares you for the certified pulmonary function technologist credentialing examination, correlating content to test items in the NBRC-CPFT testing matrix.
- New Clinical Scenario lecture slides provide in-depth case analysis with figures, charts, lab values, and documented research.
- New author Carl Mottram, a leading respiratory care expert who contributed to this book’s previous two editions, is the Technical Director of the Pulmonary Function Labs and Rehabilitation at the Mayo Clinic and is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and a highly sought-after lecturer at national and international symposiums and conferences.
- Retail price: $86.99
- Log in for discount pricing
- Publisher: Elsevier
- ISBN: 9780323356251