Products added in the last 30 days
49 products found
2020 Handbook of ECC
2020 Handbook of ECCView
The 2020 edition of the Handbook of Emergency Cardiovasular Care for Healhcare Providers incorporates the latest science and treatment recommendations from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
This pocket-sized reference tool, highly-popular among healthcare professionals, provides convenient, quick access to the latest resuscitation science and treatment information. The handbook is organized by basic, advanced adult and pediatric life support, and newborn resuscitation. It provides algorithms, protocols, sequences, drug dosages, and much more.
The Handbook of ECC is often included on hospital crash carts and accessed frequently in the field by EMS and other first responders.
Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques
Atlas of Osteopathic TechniquesView
This one-of-a-kind reference is ideal for exam preparation and clinical rotations, as well as an excellent refresher for day-to-day clinical practice. Get step-by-step, full-color guidance on manipulative methods commonly taught and used in osteopathic medical education and practice. More than 1,000 vibrant photos and illustrations highlight concise, readable text—all on the same or adjacent page for quick and easy reference. The third edition includes extensive additions to the chapter on cranial techniques, as well as significantly revised overviews of high-velocity, low-amplitude techniques, muscle energy techniques, and counterstrain techniques.
Bailey and Scott Diagnostic Microbiology
Bariatric Surgery Complications
Bates' Guide To Physical Examination
Bates' Guide To Physical ExaminationView
Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking is the #1 choice for complete, authoritative guidance on mastering every aspect of the all-important physical examination.
This highly regarded text includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination and an easy-to-follow two-column format that correlates examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right.
Extensively updated to reflect the most current clinical practices, this Thirteenth Edition provides authoritative, step-by-step guidance on performing the patient interview and physical examination, applying clinical reasoning, shared decision-making, and other core assessment skills—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence. New and expanded content emphasizes the importance of strong patient communication and interpersonal skills, as well as special considerations for examining LBGT-identified persons, persons with physical disabilities, and special populations across the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
|The Guest Editors have assembled top experts to provide the most current and clinically relevant articles devoted to Birth Asyphyxia.? Articles in this issue are devoted to: Neonatal Transition After Birth; Pathophysiology of Birth Asphyxia; Perinatal Asphyxia from the Obstetrical Standpoint: Diagnosis and Interventions; Stillbirths: U.S. and Global Perspectives; Novel Approaches to Resuscitation and the Impact on Birth Asphyxia; Multiorgan Dysfunction and its Management After Birth Asphyxia; Neonatal Encephalopathy and Update on Therapeutic Hypothermia and Other Novel Therapeutics; Biomarkers in Neonatal Encephalopathy; Imaging and Other Diagnostics in Neonatal Encephalopathy; Asphyxia in the Premature Infant; The role of the NeoNeuro Unit for Birth Asphyxia; Long-term Cognitive Outcomes of Birth Asphyxia and the Contribution of Identified Perinatal Asphyxia to Cerebral Palsy; Global Burden, Epidemiologic Trends, and Prevention of Intrapartum Related Deaths in Low-resource Settings; and Neonatal Resuscitation in Low-resource Settings.|
Black Families in Therapy
Black Families in TherapyView
"Nancy Boyd-Franklin has long been a leading voice on the experience of African American families. In this new edition of her groundbreaking clinical text, she expands and deepens our understanding of the diverse backgrounds and complex challenges of Black families in our society, illuminating the strengths that therapists can tap into. This is invaluable reading for students and practitioners in mental health and social service fields."--Froma Walsh, PhD, School of Social Service Administration, Department of Psychiatry, and Center for Family Health, University of Chicago "Black Families in Therapy, Second Edition, will doubtless become a classic. It is well organized; written in clear, understandable language; draws on a wealth of information from diverse disciplines; and covers a number of important new topics. Among the book's outstanding features is its incisive narrative style, in which major concepts, principles and therapeutic approaches are highlighted with vivid case examples and vignettes. This is an excellent text for upper-division undergraduate and graduate courses addressing Black family life, African American psychology, multiethnic family therapy, cross-cultural psychology, pastoral counseling, and related topics."--Joseph L. White, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine "With the initial publication of this text, Nancy Boyd-Franklin broke new ground and set a high standard for research, teaching, and therapeutic practice with African American families. The new second edition is yet another pace-setting gift to the field. Some books are designed to fill a crucial gap on the reference shelf. Others are useful as textbooks for students in family studies, counseling, psychology, psychiatry, and even sociology. Still others function best as working manuals for practitioners.
Blackout Girl: Tracing My Scars
Blackout Girl: Tracing My ScarsView
The coronavirus pandemic has made vulnerable people more vulnerable, and brought trauma into many lives that were already unsteady. A powerful testament to personal survival, this story of sexual violence and its effects on mental health, abuse, and addiction also offers insight into how the recovery and mental health treatment communities can change to address these issues more effectively.
In this brutally honest and compelling memoir, Jennifer Storm revisits the trauma of her childhood rape and ensuing addiction and how she channeled her pain into a healing life of advocacy.
Sexual assault, addiction, and other traumatic experiences can leave both physical and emotional scars. For Jennifer Storm, these scars serve as a reminder--both of the darkness and suffering she once experienced, and of how far she has come. When she was first assaulted at age twelve, Jennifer turned to alcohol to dull the emotional pain. After a string of childhood traumas, she fell into crack use and self-harm. Once Jennifer finally found treatment after surviving the last of multiple suicide attempts, she discovered that it was possible to heal her shame. She could start to recover by uncovering the secrets she had kept hidden for years. Blackout Girl is the heartbreaking, enlightening, and inspiring story of Jennifer’s narrow escape from her own self-destructive instincts when all of the odds, and systems, were stacked against her.
Bontrager's Handbook of Radiographic Pos
Bontrager's Handbook of Radiographic PosView
Get on-the-spot guidance for all the types of positioning you'll need to perform during clinicals with Bontrager's Handbook of Radiographic Positioning and Techniques, 10th Edition. With bulleted instructions and photos of properly-positioned patients, this portable and pocket-sized reference can help you safely, quickly, and confidently position for the most-commonly requested radiographic studies. Plus, this must-have radiographic positioning and anatomy handbook also provides suggested techniques and critique points to help you quickly and easily evaluate your own radiographs as you produce them in clinicals.
- 217 projections provide a snapshot of essential information in an easily accessible and portable format.
- Standard radiographic image and evaluation criteria are presented on each positioning page, demonstrating critical anatomy and a list for critique.
- Page number references for the text are included at the bottom of each positioning page to help you easily move back and forth between the text for greater detail and explanation concerning a particular position.
- Positioning presentations include positioning instructions, collimation field size, CR location and CR angle, suggested kVp ranges, space for writing in exposure factors, and more.
- Appendices offer additional quick-reference information on patient dose, abbreviations and acronyms, and various conversion charts, enabling you to locate important information quickly.
- NEW! Updated photographs visually demonstrate the latest digital technology used in radiography with new radiographs, positioning, and equipment images.
- NEW! Updated content reflecting the latest ARRT competencies prepares you for boards and clinical practice.
- NEW! Additional Bernageau and Zanca projections offer guidance on these important projections performed for shoulder pathology and trau
Offering vital tools for working with 4- to 18-year-olds in a wide range of settings, this book presents engaging cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) activities that can be implemented rapidly and flexibly. Concise chapters guide the provider to quickly identify meaningful points of intervention for frequently encountered clinical concerns, and to teach and model effective strategies. Each intervention includes a summary of the target age, module, purpose, rationale, materials needed, and expected time for completion, as well as clear instructions and sample dialogues and scripts. In a convenient large-size format, the book features helpful graphics and 77 reproducible handouts and worksheets in the form of Handy and Quick (HQ) Cards. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
Clinical Chemistry Paperback
Clinical Chemistry PaperbackView
Clinical Chemistry: Principles, Techniques, and Correlations, Enhanced Eighth Edition demonstrates the how, what, why, and when of clinical testing and testing correlations to help you develop the interpretive and analytic skills youâ€™ll need in your future career.
Clinical Immunology and Serology 5th ed.
Clinical Immunology and Serology 5th ed.View
The perfect balance of theory and practice!
Here’s the practical introduction you need to understand the essential theoretical principles of clinical immunology and the serological and molecular techniques commonly used in the laboratory. You’ll begin with an introduction to the immune system; then explore basic immunologic procedures; examine immune disorders; and study the serological and molecular diagnosis of infectious disease.
An easy-to-read, student-friendly approach emphasizes the direct application of theory to clinical laboratory practice. Each chapter is a complete learning module with learning outcomes, chapter outlines, theoretical principles, illustrations, and definitions of relevant terminology. Review questions and case studies help you assess your mastery of the material. A glossary at the end of the book puts must-know information at your fingertips.
An access code inside new printed texts unlocks Lab Exercises and Branching Case Studies online at FADavis.com that offer more opportunities to apply theory to clinical laboratory practice.
Clinical Practice Neurological Nursing
Clinical Practice Neurological NursingView
Base your care of neurological patients on evidence-based best practices, with the completely updated, fully illustrated The Clinical Practice of Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing , 8th Edition .
This is the most current and comprehensive neuroscience nursing text, written to support you in the everyday high-level assessments, information processing and decision making required of the neurological nurse. A must-have for offering accurate, efficient care of adult/geriatric neuroscience patients, this is ideal for both beginning and advanced neuro nurses and nursing students.
Critical Care Medicine
Critical Care MedicineView
Now completely revised to bring you up to date with the latest advances in the field, Critical Care Medicine: Principles of Diagnosis and Management in the Adult, 5th Edition, delivers expert, practical guidance on virtually any clinical scenario you may encounter in the ICU. Designed for intensivists, critical care and pulmonology residents, fellows, practicing physicians, and nurse practitioners, this highly regarded text is clinically focused and easy to reference. Led by Drs. Joseph Parrillo and Phillip Dellinger, the 5th Edition introduces numerous new authors who lend a fresh perspective and contribute their expertise to that of hundreds of top authorities in the field.
- Includes new chapters on current applications of bedside ultrasound in the ICU, both diagnostic and procedural; mechanical assist devices; and extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Contains new administrative chapters that provide important information on performance improvement and quality, length of stay, operations, working with the Joint Commission, and more.
- Features new videos and images that provide visual guidance and clarify complex topics.
- Keeps you up to date with expanded chapters on echocardiography in the ICU and valvular heart disease, including TAVR.
- Includes separate chapters on mechanical ventilation of obstructive airway disease and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) - including the many recent changes in approach to positive end expiratory pressure setting in ARDS.
- Covers key topics such as patient-ventilator synchrony and non-invasive ventilation for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with acute respiratory failure.
- Reflects the recent literature and guidance on amount of fluids, type of fluid, vasopressor selection, mean arterial pressure target, and decision on steroid use in septic shock.
- Provides questions and answers in every chapter, perfect for self-assessment and review.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Defiant Teens, Second Edition
Defiant Teens, Second EditionView
This authoritative manual presents an accessible 18-step program widely used by clinicians working with challenging teens. Steps 1-9 comprise parent training strategies for managing a broad range of problem behaviors, including those linked to oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Steps 10-18 focus on teaching all family members to negotiate, communicate, and problem solve more effectively, while facilitating adolescents' individuation and autonomy. Practical reproducible handouts and forms are included; the print book has a large-size format and lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. New to This Edition * Incorporates 15 years of research advances and the authors' ongoing clinical experience. * Fully updated model of the nature and causes of ODD. * Revised assessment tools and recommendations. * Reflects cultural changes, such as teens' growing technology use. See also the authors' related parent guide, Your Defiant Teen, Second Edition: 10 Steps to Resolve Conflict and Rebuild Your Relationship, an ideal client recommendation.
Diagnostic Imaging: Pediatric
Diagnostic Imaging: PediatricView
Covering the entire spectrum of this fast-changing field, Diagnostic Imaging: Pediatric Neuroradiology, third edition, is an invaluable resource for radiologists, child neurologists, and pediatricians-anyone who requires an easily accessible reference that covers common and uncommon disorders affecting the brain, head, neck, and spine of children. Dr. Kevin Moore and an expert author team provide carefully updated information and an abundance of high-quality images throughout, making this edition a useful learning tool as well as a handy reference source for daily practice.
- Features more than 2,300 annotated images, including MR, CT, proton spectroscopy, and angiographic findings
- Brings you up to speed with recent name changes and reclassification of both neoplastic and nonneoplastic central nervous system (CNS) entities, revised classification of tumor types/subtypes, changes in metabolic disorders and malformations, and entirely new disorders and groups of disorders such as acute flaccid myelitis
- Includes new chapters covering important pediatric spine neoplasms, such as CNS intradural tumor dissemination and myxopapillary ependymoma
- Provides expanded coverage of better-understood genetic white matter diseases such as vanishing white matter disease
- Discusses key topics such as newly discovered genetic mutations correlating with distinct imaging appearances and prognosis, newly characterized infectious entities, recent descriptions of important Chiari I malformation variants, newly described entities based on genetics in addition to histological features, and advances in the diagnosis of abusive head trauma
- Uses bulleted, succinct text for fast and easy comprehension of essential information, including terminology, imaging findings, key facts, differential diagnosis, pathology, clinical issues, diagnostic checklist, and selected references
- Includes an extensive image gallery for each entity, depicting common and variant cases
- Offers a vivid, full-color design that makes the material easy to read
- Displays a "thumbnail" visual differential diagnosis for each entity
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
Gahart's 2022 Intravenous Medications
Gahart's 2022 Intravenous MedicationsView
Find the essential information you need to safely administer more than 400 intravenous drugs! For more than 45 years, Gahart's Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals has been a trusted resource for comprehensive drug coverage, unparalleled accuracy, and an intuitive quick-access format. In addition to updated drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and patient teaching instructions for all existing IV drugs, the 2022 edition includes approximately 10 new monographs of the most recent IV drugs to be approved by the FDA. Administering intravenous drugs is a critical task - inaccurate or out-of-date information is not an option. Known as the #1 IV drug handbook on the market, and with its history of impeccable accuracy, Gahart's annual publication gives you the extra confidence and guidance you need to safely and effectively treat patients.
- Monographs on more than 400 IV drugs offer an impressive breadth of coverage that goes well beyond any comparable drug reference.
- Updated annual publication prevents you from referencing outdated information.
- Additional drug monographs are provided on the companion Evolve website.
- 45-year history of impeccable accuracy reinforces the importance of safe IV drug administration.
- Perfect depth of information equips you with everything that is needed for safe administration of IV drugs - nothing more, nothing less.
- Proven, clinically optimized format keeps all dosage information for each drug on either a single page or a two-page spread to prevent hand contamination by having to turn a page.
- Highlighted Black Box Warnings and relevant content make locating critical information fast and easy.
- Special circumstances in blue-screened text call attention to important circumstances that may not warrant Black Box Warnings.
- Life-stage dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
- Dilution and dosage charts within monographs provide quick access to essential clinical information.
- Convenient, alphabetical format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing you to find any drug in seconds.
- NEW! Drug monographs for newly approved drugs by the FDA provide you with the most current drug information.
- Updates on drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and more have been made throughout the guide to reflect all changes to existing medications.
Grief in Childhood
Grief in ChildhoodView
Children vary in their response to the death of a loved one. Some children develop relatively few symptoms or problems, while others face significant or prolonged symptoms, such as posttraumatic stress disorder or anxiety. Similarly, children vary in their circumstances and preferences. Thus, clinicians who work with bereaved children must customize interventions to meet the specific needs of each individual child. This book presents Integrated Grief Therapy for Children an evidence-based model for treating bereaved children that draws extensively on cognitive behavioral, family systems, and narrative approaches to therapy. The model shows clinicians how to assess the needs of bereaved children, treat common distressing symptoms (depression, posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and behavioral problems), and address the grief itself while fostering resilience. Because emotional and behavioral problems following grief are manifested in different ways, the model allows for flexibility based on the age, symptom presentation, and needs of the child. And because the inclusion of a surviving parent or caregiver is critical to working with grieving children, the model involves the parent in the interventions. With a thorough literature review on bereavement in childhood, extensive case examples and dialogues to illustrate therapeutic techniques, and over 20 activity handouts that therapists can photocopy and use in sessions, this book provides everything needed to treat bereaved children.
Habif's Clinical Dermatology
Habif's Clinical DermatologyView
Trusted by general dermatologists, family physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and more, Habif's Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy provides superbly illustrated, easy-to-follow guidance on skin conditions commonly seen in practice. This bestselling manual helps you identify, treat, and manage even hard-to-diagnose skin disorders and provides state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of dermatologic care. In this carefully revised 7th Edition, Dr. James Dinulos builds upon the foundation of excellence established by Dr. Thomas Habif, ensuring that this manual remains a global leader in the field and an indispensable resource in daily practice.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Allows you to compare your clinical findings to thousands of high-quality color images?including many new photographs from the libraries of Dr. Dinulos and Dr. Habif?depicting virtually any skin condition.
- Features a highly visual Regional DDx Atlas section that helps you narrow down diagnoses and directs you to the section in the text that provides more information. Online, the DDx Mannnequin provides this same function.
- Provides a Disorders Index for quick retrieval of information, as well as a Quick Reference Formulary at the beginning of the book.
- Updates you on the newest treatment options throughout, including current uses and off-label treatments.
- Includes numerous quick-reference tables that summarize "need to know" diagnostic and therapeutic evidence.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.